1. Follow my challah recipe, but add 1/4 cup pumpkin puree before adding the flour.
2. After challah dough has risen once, roll it into a big, flat rectangle.
3. Evenly spread butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins on the challah, then roll it up so the filling creates nice swirls between layers of dough, and slice it into rounds.
4. Lay your rounds onto a big, greased casserole dish and let rise for 45 minutes.
5. Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes.
6. While still warm, but not piping hot, glaze with pumpkin butter or icing. Serve!
This recipe was reprinted with permission from The Forest Feast