1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish with olive oil.
2. Place the halved butternut squash on the baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Roast the squash, cut side down for 35-40 minutes, or until soft. Let cool.
3. Scoop out the butternut squash, and transfer 2 ½ – 3 cups filling to a bowl.
4. Add maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, orange zest, flour and sea salt. Mix until smooth.
5. Slowly drizzle in beaten eggs while stirring.
6. Transfer to the greased baking dish.
7. Top with chopped pecans.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until set.