1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a tray with baking paper.
2. Peel and dice the apples into a small, ¼ inch pieces
2 years+: help pass you apples to wash.
4-6 years: wash the apples.
7+: peel the apples, help chop the apples using a small or plastic knife.
3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Add chopped apples, and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until apples begin to soften.
5. Add honey, cinnamon, vanilla and flour, stirring to combine.
2+: mix ingredients.
4+: measure all ingredients.
6. Pour in water, bring to boil and let simmer until thickened. Set aside.
7. Transfer the puff pastry sheet to the baking tray.
2+: unroll the puff pastry sheet.
8. Cut the puff pastry into 4 squares, and each square into 2 triangles.
6+: cut the pastry with a plastic knife, if comfortable.
9. Spoon 2 tbsp of the apple filling into the middle of half of the triangles.
4+: spoon the filling onto each triangle.
10. Gently place the other pastry triangles on top, and seal with a fork along the edges.
6+: top each pie, and seal with a fork.
11. Make 1-2 slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
12. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, lightly brush each pie with the egg.
2+: paint top of each pie.
4+: whisk egg and brush each pie.
6 +: crack and whisk eggs and brush pies.
13. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
14. Serve warm.