If you or a loved one from a Jewish background is planning a wedding, you probably have tons of questions. What are the components of a Jewish wedding? How can we create a meaningful and interfaith-friendly ceremony? How do we handle the planning process and include our families? The following guide offers insight into the meaning behind Jewish wedding rituals and guidance in planning an inclusive ceremony.
If you are looking for Jewish clergy to officiate at your interfaith wedding, we can help with that too!
Table of Contents:
- Finding Your Officiant(s) and Choosing a Date
- Elements of a Jewish Wedding Ceremony
- Sample Ceremonies and Definitions
- Ritual Wedding Objects and Clothing
- Invitations, Programs and Food
- Issues Specific to Jewish-Christian Weddings
- Issues Specific to Jewish-Muslim, Jewish-Hindu and Jewish-Buddhist Weddings
- Managing Family Dynamics and Planning Your Wedding
- Pre-marital Counseling
- Before the Wedding—Connecting with Other Couples