Ready to move from passive to active welcoming?
Want to embrace and fully support interfaith couples and families?
The Interfaith Inclusion Leadership Initiative (IILI) is an intensive program designed to help Jewish institutions and organizations to more fully embrace interfaith couples and families and expand their supportive policies and practices.
Participation in this initiative is a chance for a team of leaders in Jewish organizations to dig in, think about the change they would like to see, create a strategic plan and, with 18Doors’ help, make it happen.
Cohort Three began in fall 2019.
Who is IILI for?
IILI is ideal for organizations who have already participated in an 18Doors/InterfaithFamily, Jewish Outreach Initiative/Big Tent Judaism or related training or professional development program who have begun to think about creating inclusive spaces for interfaith couples and families, and are looking for more guidance and resources to take their work to the next level.
Stay tuned for an exciting new format of our Interfaith Inclusion Leadership Initiative, launching later this year.
If you are a funder or organizational convener and you would like to explore creating a cohort of IILI for your community, please contact Mike Navisky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curious about previous cohorts of IILI?
What guidance and resources did organizations receive as IILI participants?
Organizations received guidance from 18Doors to make sustainable changes toward being more inclusive of interfaith families.
The IILI Self-Assessment Tool and curriculum helped institutions or organizations review their current policies, programs, and community culture as they apply to the inclusion of interfaith families. Participating organizations then developed individualized Strategic Plans for Interfaith Inclusion and received professional development, topical webinars, and follow-up coaching sessions to support them in meeting their goals.
Each participating organization received:
- Membership in a national cohort of eight to fourteen institutions and organizations
- In-person training at IILI’s Launch event
- Virtual, monthly coaching sessions with IILI’s Director who will support them in their goal development and implementation and act as a connector between the organization and 18Doors.
- Access to monthly content intended to offer cultural context, best practices, and practical tools. The IILI curriculum will focus on topics like the fundamentals of interfaith inclusion, preparing teachers for classroom interfaith inclusion, developing and executing inclusive school and ritual policies, effective and sensitive communication with interfaith couples and parents, and more.
- An opportunity to develop a Strategic Plan for Inclusion of Interfaith Families by the end of the program
What was the time commitment involved with participating in IILI?
IILI has been a year-long program, but will be undergoing a re-design.
In its current format, the program is almost entirely virtual with the exception of an in-person launch event. Additionally, each organization scheduled monthly coaching sessions to apply curriculum content to their organizational work on its Strategic Plan for Interfaith Inclusion.
Although IILI offers a significant amount of support and guidance, a portion of IILI’s work is intended to happen internally. Organizations who complete substantial “in house” reflection and discussion under the guidance of InterfaithFamily will likely achieve the most desirable outcomes over the year and beyond.
What were organizations asked to do as participants in IILI?
Each participating institution or organization committed to:
- At least two to four team members, comprised of clergy, staff and/or lay leaders participating in the year-long IILI training program and spearheading efforts in their own organization.
- Completing an Institutional Self-Assessment for Interfaith Inclusion at the beginning of the program. This initial assessment was used as the guiding document for organizations to shape their goals and timelines.
- Having one or more organizational leaders participate in the regional IILI In Person Launch
- Having one or more organizational leaders participate in the relevant webinars throughout the year.
- Communicating with the 18Doors coach on a monthly basis.
Want to learn more?
For more information about ILI, please contact Tema Smith, Director of Professional Development at email@example.com.
Program Supported by: