Our Year of Firsts – September Virtual Discussion – Online
September 1 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm EDT$54
Open to all engaged or newly married couples who are interfaith (intercultural, dual faith, Jew-ish, etc.), Our Year of Firsts offers you the opportunity to explore the deeper meaning behind Jewish holidays, create new traditions together and meet other interfaith couples.
How it works:
- You’ll receive monthly emails about how to incorporate Jewish holidays and religious/cultural elements into your interfaith relationship on the 1st of each month.
- There will be quarterly virtual discussions with other participants (scheduled for Sept 2021, Dec 2021, March 2022, June 2022 and August 2022).
- In the months when we don’t have a virtual discussion scheduled, we’ll offer virtual meetups based on topics you suggest.
- You’ll also receive special gifts related to our discussion topic mailed to your home.
As an Our Year of Firsts participating couple you will:
- Deepen your relationship with your partner and celebrate an exciting year together.
- Discuss how you might want to celebrate your different backgrounds and traditions on your own and with your extended families.
- Explore what is means to create a home for you and your partner.
- Get curated content on a monthly topic delivered straight to your inbox from 18Doors including essays by other couples, recipes, cheat sheets and conversation starters to discuss with your partner.
- Participate in quarterly virtual discussions and monthly meetups with other couples to share your own questions and hear how others are navigating the beginning of married life.
- Be empowered to talk about spirituality/traditions/religion with your partner.
- Access support from an experienced 18Doors Rukin Rabbinic Fellowship Rabbi.
Cost: $54 (per couple) to participate for the entire year-long series.
Couples can join Our Year of Firsts anytime.
The topic for our September virtual discussion will be shared soon.
It is scheduled for Wednesday, September 1 at 8:00-9:30 pm ET (5:00-6:30 pm PT).
Questions? Contact Molly Kazin Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org).