Mixology for Interfaith Couples: Sukkot Edition – Online
October 7 @ 8:00 pm EDT$10
One of the major symbols of Sukkot is the lulav and etrog. Join us to learn more about their symbolism and to make an etrog-inspired cocktail and an etrog liqueur! Molly from 18Doors and Sarah from ParTea will lead a virtual gathering as we dive into the themes of the holiday and relax with some refreshing cocktails. Read on to see ingredients and tools you’ll need to participate.
THE SUKKOT SOUR (Makes 2 cocktails)
- 4 oz liquor (vodka, gin, whiskey, or brandy)nd
- 1.5 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 oz simple syrup* or honey syrup*
- 2-3 dashes bitters (optional)
*To make syrup: Combine 1/4 cup sugar or honey + 1/4 cup hot water. Stir to combine.
ETROG* LIQUEUR (makes a full bottle)
*A lemon-like citrus fruit used in the rituals of the holiday of Sukkot
- 10 organic lemons with smooth skin
- 1 etrog (optional – can be found in Judaica stores or online)
- 750 ml bottle of 151 proof grain alcohol
- 32 oz Mason jar
- Measuring cup
- Strainer + cheesecloth
- Vodka instead of grain alcohol
- Vegetable peeler + paring knife, or fine cheese grater instead of microplane
- Coffee filter instead of cheesecloth
- Halve the recipe (5 lemons + 375 ml liquor)
**IF YOU WANT TO MAKE LIQUEUR ALONGSIDE THE DEMO, PLEASE COME WITH YOUR LEMONS EITHER FULLY ZESTED OR PEELED**
We’ll meet via Zoom on Wednesday, October 7 at 8pm EDT (5:pm PDT). Cost is $10/couple.
This event is co-sponsored by ParTea.