Our Year of Firsts – September Gathering – Online
September 9 @ 8:00 pm EDT
Open to all engaged or newly married couples who are interfaith*, Our Year of Firsts offers you the opportunity to explore the deeper meaning behind Jewish holidays, create new traditions together and meet other interfaith couples.
*intercultural, dual faith, Jew-ish, etc.
How it works:
- You’ll receive monthly emails about how to incorporate Jewish holidays and religious/cultural elements into your interfaith relationship.
- There will be quarterly virtual discussions with other participants.
- You’ll also receive 3 special gifts related to our discussion topic mailed to you.
As an Our Year of Firsts participating couple you will:
- Deepen your relationship with your partner and celebrate an exciting year together.
- Discuss how you might want to celebrate your different backgrounds and traditions on your own and with your extended families.
- Explore what is means to create a home for you and your partner.
- Get curated content on a monthly topic delivered straight to your inbox from 18Doors including essays by other couples, recipes, cheat sheets and conversation starters to discuss with your partner.
- Participate in quarterly virtual discussions with other couples to share your own questions and hear how others are navigating the beginning of married life.
- Be empowered to talk about spirituality/traditions/religion with your partner.
- Access support from an experienced rabbi, 18Doors’ very own Rabbi Robyn Frisch.
Cost: $54 (per couple) to participate.
Our series will kick off in September but couples can join Our Year of Firsts anytime.
The topic for our first virtual discussion will be “Our Year of Firsts: Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year and New Beginnings.” It is scheduled for Wednesday, September 9th at 8pm EDT (5pm PDT).